Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into The Federal Polytechnic, Ado-Ekiti programmes (Morning and Evening Sessions) in the 2017/2018 Academic Session leading to the award of Higher National Diploma (HND) in the underlisted programmes. Prospective applicants should indicate the Session of choice as applicable, that is, Morning or Evening.
FEDERAL POLYTECHNIC ADO AVAILABLE HND PROGRAMMES.
S/N SCHOOLS DEPARTMENTS/PROGRAMMES OPTIONS 1.1 SCHOOL OF
b) Banking and Finance
c) Business Administration and Management
e) Office Technology and Management
Nil 1.2 SCHOOL OF ENGINEERING a) Agricultural and Bio-environmental Engineering Technology * Farm Power and Machinery
* Soil and Water
* Post Harvest
b) Civil Engineering Nil c) Electrical and Electronic Engineering * Power and Machines
* Electronics and Telecomm. Engineering
d) Mechanical Engineering * Plant and Power Engineering
* Manufacturing Engineering
e) Minerals and Petroleum Resources Engineering * Geological Engineering
* Mineral Processing Engineering
* Mining Engineering
a) Architectural Technology
b) Building Technology
c) Estate Management
d) Quantity Surveying
e) Surveying and Geo-infonnatics
f) Urban and Regional Planning
Nil 1.4 SCHOOL OF SCIENCE AND COMPUTER STUDIES a) Computer Studies
b) Food Technology
c) Glass Technology
d) Mathematics and Statistics
e) Science Technology
* Applied Chemistry
* Physics with Electronics
FEDERAL POLYTECHNIC ADO HND ADMISSION – GENERAL ENTRY REQUIREMENTS.
Candidates should possess
- National Diploma (ND) with a minimum of Lower Credit in the course/programme of choice and five (5) relevant credits including English Language and Mathematics at the SSCE/NECO or GCE O’Level. Candidates are advised to visit the Polytechnic Website (fedpolyado.edu.ng) to avail themselves of the requisite entry requirements for the National Diploma of each programme that make them prima-facie qualified for the HND programmes
- a minimum of one year post ND cognate work experience (Industrial Training) in addition to 2.1.
FEDERAL POLYTECHNIC ADO HND ADMISSION – SPECIFIC ENTRY REQUIREMENTS.
School of Business
The minimum entry requirements into the HND programme in the School of Business Studies include:
(a) all the requirements for admission into the ND programme in Business Studies;
(b) a minimum of Lower Credit Pass (CGPA of 2.50) in ND Business Studies or related programme; and
(c) a minimum of one year post-ND cognate work experience in Internship. In exceptional cases, ND diplomates with a Pass (CGPA of 2.00 – 2.49) in the ND examination, with two or more years of work experience in the specific field may be considered for admission into the HND programme.
School of Engineering
To be admitted into the Higher National Diploma programme, a candidate must possess: (i) the minimum entry requirements for the National Diploma;
(ii) Lower Credit pass at the National Diploma level; and
(iii) one year of mandatory relevant industrial work experience.
School of Environmental
Candidates applying for the Higher National Diploma programme must have the requirements for admission into the National Diploma programme and in addition must have successfully completed:
(i) the National Diploma programme with a grade not below Lower Credit from a recognised institution; and
(ii) a one-year post-ND industrial training in a relevant industry.
School of Science and Computer Studies
The minimum entry requirement for the Higher National Diploma programmes in the School of Science and Computer Studies include
(a) all the conditions and requirements for National Diploma (ND) in the relevant programme;
(b) at least a lower credit level pass in ND in the relevant programme and one year post-ND industrial training in a relevant Industry. OR a pass in ND in the relevant programme with at least two years industrial training in a relevant industry.
Higher National Diploma Progammes (HND) in Science Technology in Biology/ Microbiology, Applied Chemistry, Physics with Electronic and Biochemistry options
(i) The applicant must possess the requirements for National Diploma as listed above
(ii) The applicants must possess at least a lower credit level pass in National Diploma in Science Technology programme.
(iii) The Applicant must possess a minimum of one (1) year post National Diploma in Science Technology programme.
(iv) In exceptional cases, National Diploma with pass in the ND examinations with two or more years of cognate experience in his/her specific field may be considered for admission into the HND programme.
(v) Candidate offering Applied Chemistry at HND must possess credit in Chemistry at SSCE/ NECO/NABTEB Candidate offering Physics/Electronics at HND must possess credit in Physics at SSCE/ NECO/NABTEB. Candidate offering Biochemistry at HND must possess credit in Chemistry and Biology at SSCE/NECO/NABTEB. Candidates offering Microbiology at HND must possess credit in Chemistry and Biology at SSCE/NECO/NABTEB.
HOW TO APPLY FOR FEDERAL POLYTECHNIC ADO HND ADMISSION.
- Log on to Application Portal.
- Click New Applicant Register Here to register.
- Carefully create account with you personal email.
- Click Register and you will receive an Email to VALIDATE.
- After ACCOUNT VALIDATION, Login with your email and password
- Click on the Application Type
- You will be redirect to Federal Polytechnic Ado-Ekiti CollegePAY.
- You will be redirected back to Application Portal and a copy of receipt number sent to your registered email.
- Print receipt by Click on My Payment Menu
- Back to application dashboard click on the program applied for and click Already Pay .
- Type the receipt number, click search to load your payment details.
- Click Proceed to registration and carefully fill in your details
- Carefully read through your application before submission.
Closing Date: Candidates are to please note that the application for admission will close on Friday, 30 September, 2016.
For any enquiries call 08051040975, 08067166444 or mail us: firstname.lastname@example.org.